Invitation to the 62nd Annual Congress of GA and Welcome to the University of Minho
News & Updates:
- The final detailed GA2014 Programme (including a detailed congress schedule) has been added to the Scientific Programme section.
- The final and updated GA2014 schedule has been added to the Scientific Programme section.
- Information about Breeding and Cultivation of Medicinal Plants Workshop has been added to the Workshops section.
- An important disclaimer has been added to the Congress Information section.
- Guidelines for Oral and Poster presentations have been added to the Scientific Information menu.
The Society for Medicinal Plant and Natural Product Research (GA) invites all scientists from academia and industry dealing with natural products, medicinal plants and phytotherapy, to this congress. GA2014 is a forum for the presentation and discussion of the latest research in the fields of phytochemistry, analytics, pharmacology and clinical applications. The conference will provide a platform for networking between academia and industry.
GA2014 has been endorsed by the Association Francophone pour l'Enseignement et la Recherche en Pharmacognosie (AFERP). AFERP will have a special session.
The Congress will be held at the University of Minho, campus of Azurém, which is located in close vicinity to the medieval city centre of Guimarães, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The historical city of Guimar„es is located in Northern Portugal. The dynamic and colorful Minho Region is famous for its landscape and vineyards where the unique “Vinho Verde” wine is produced. The University of Minho is a leading university in Portugal and offers an excellent setting for the Congress.
Plenary lectures by leading scientists, and several workshops will provide insights into topical aspects of medicinal plant and natural product research.
Apart from the scientific program, a stimulant and diverse social program will be proposed. This will include excursions to the Peneda-Gerês National Park and to the Northern seashore, with its wild beautiful coastal landscapes and unique biodiversity, and to the Douro Valley with its famous terraced vineyards. Guided visits to the cities of Porto and Guimarães, both classified as World Heritage Sites by UNESCO, are also planned.
Main scientific topics will include:
- Clinical phytomedicine
- Nanotechnology and drug delivery
- Natural compounds as leads
- Natural products from fungi and algae
- Nutritional phytochemicals
- Medicinal plants and bioeconomy
- Plant molecular farming
Scientific contributions to other topics related to medicinal plant and natural product research are welcome.